clutch noise

rossdj1983

ok, i got another prob with my r. when the clutch is in it sounds fine, but when its let out there a crapy rattling noise, is this the trust bearing? or is there somethin else i havent checked that goes on these things?

daz

input shaft bearings mate inside the gearbox either that or the springs are loose in the friction plate of the clutch

daz

no the input shaft bearings are in the gearbox. the thrust or release bearing is in the bell housing inside your clutch release fork

sypher

before taking appart, check oil level as it may only be gear chatter which providing nothing is damaged you should be able to get away with. as when you dip the clutch the input shaft stops spinning.

daz

rossdj1983 said:
ok, i got another prob with my r. when the clutch is in it sounds fine, but when its let out there a crapy rattling noise
?????????????? when the clutch is in the lay shaft stops spinning hence the noise goes away. trust me i have had all these problems so its one of those two things that i said

sypher

check oil level plug at N/S of car just under the black engine mount under stock battery position... Oh and forgot to say is your problem noise heard when car moving or stationary?