CLUTCH PEDAL HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Y

YODI

Hi guys

lost my clutch today due to the pedal box breaking.

Whats the job like to do????

Can I remove the metal work just for the clutch or does the whole lot need to come out??

Thanks, Yodi

J

jasegould

Not too hard, as far as pedal boxes go. U can remove just the clutch pedal box. You have to disconnect the linkage to the clutch master cylinder, remove the 2 bolts that hold the master cylinder on (in the engine bay) and remove the top bolt which goes up under the dash....then wiggle the box out making sure not to break any of the heater cable fixings........although i reckon your pedal box is fine and its the bulkhead fixing that is broken and that will require welding. Most people remove the dash but Ive done a few with the dash in, by removing the pedal box and speedo you can get to it if you are handy with a welder.

Jay

Y

YODI

The whole clutch assemly looks seperate to the rest of the pedal box, im wondering if i can just take that small section off and weld that up??

J

jasegould

Yeah you can just take the clutch part of the pedal box out and weld it up....check the bulkhead support aswell but it looks like some has already repaired it

Y

YODI

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED PLS

Right, an update, I took the dash out etc etc and got the ctual pedal out BUT: There are 2 bolts that I cant get to that look like the nuts are in the engine bay, when I had a closer look they look like they are behind the inlet plenum and I have no idea how to get to them. Even if I take my strut brace off my hands wont fit, can you get to them from underneath??

Cheers, Yodi

Y

YODI

Ive already got an OS Giken twin plate mate, im not after a new clutch I just want to know hoe to get the clutch pedal box out.

Cheers, yodi

S

Sunny Nutter

am I right in thinking these 2 bolts are holding in the master cylinder?
its a bit of a wiggle, but i know you can get one from underneath,
you could always remove the plenium, its awkward but it would make the job alot easier!

J

jasegould

Right..........remove the little white brake fluid container and pipe, you can get to the top one with a 1/4 drive 12mm socket and u joint. The bottom one you can get from under neath ( yop'll prob need to get your arm right up there so best use tall axle dstands or ramps) I usually remove the exhaust downpipe as all the ones ive done ive had to change the mastercylinder so i needed the space to get it out. It is fiddly but you dont need to remove the plenum or drop the engine.
Jay