Clutch pedal sticks to the floor

A

Anonymous

I've been reading all teh old posts trying to find out whats wrong with my clutch but I've failed to find a similar problem. I have topped up my clutch fluid and I can't seem to find out why my clutch is sticking and not popping back up. I'm not sure if the slave cylinder is leaking or the hose, as I can't find a pool of clutch fluid on the gearbox. If anyone can tell me why the pedal sticks please help me out. Thanks

Matty

S

spnSPENYB

clutch pedal

Hi mate.Pedal was stuck to floor on mine a while ago.Also gearchanges started to feal a bit vague.Found it to be the slave cylinder.Changing mine this weekend.Hope this helps :)

J

jasegould

Have you got any fluid on the interior floor of the car?? Could be the master cylinder leaking?? Have you tried bleeding it??

A

AJ4

IIRC, the pedal is spring assisted ( to make it lighter ). Normally the force of the fluid in the pipes pushes it back up to the normal height when you lift off the pedal.

Can't remember if it was on my Pulsar or not, but I remember some car being a bitch to bleed the clutch because you had to reach down and manually lift the pedal until it sprung back up when there is no pressure in the sytem.

So anyways, I'd say you have low fluid / very big air lock / leak somewhere. Try bleeding it and see how you get on.

J

Jon

Clutch pedal sticking to the floor..it's your Master cylinder, if you can pull the pedal back out with your hand then push it back & it stay's down.
mine went last year on my way to JAE , & i put up the same post.

somebody did say to maybe replace the slave too while i'm at it but i never did & it's been fine,
had mine replaced by local Nissan Dealer as looked a tricky job to do

cost £170 total
Jon