clutch pedal support

rx jamie

my new clutch is proving too tough for my clutch pedal.
does anyone have a support bracket or something to strengthen the pedal support.

thankyou

KF79GTIR

Yeah i have a spare one laying around it will be £25 thats the price for not using the search button.

Kev.

neil240z

you could also think about getting getting one of those strut braces with the master cylinder support on, my mate has one on his evo and they work well.

by the way what clutch did you buy? if its a paddle one then gearbox wont last long.

rx jamie

gearbox should be fine if i drive it defensively, dont launch it and treat it well with regular fluid changes. its all down to the amount of abuse its given imo.

rps six puck clutch with lightened flywheel.

gunmetalgtir

rx jamie said:
gearbox should be fine if i drive it defensively, dont launch it and treat it well with regular fluid changes. its all down to the amount of abuse its given imo.

Best place for RPS clutches is in the bin! :lol:

neil240z

rx jamie said:

yep i agree, its the input shaft thats the weak point but careful gearchanges and minimal launching should keep it togehter, not sure why you didnt go for the Max Street though.

gunmetalgtir

neil240z said:
yep i agree, its the input shaft thats the weak point but careful gearchanges and minimal launching should keep it togehter, not sure why you didnt go for the Max Street though.
The RPS max street is a terrible clutch IMO. Pish design, it's basically just a standard disc with the heaviest pressure plate possible, I had one in my old Pulsar.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
rx jamie said:
my new clutch is proving too tough for my clutch pedal.
does anyone have a support bracket or something to strengthen the pedal support.

thankyou

There always available mate, you just need to let me know

If you had done a search this is what you would have found click here ;-)

Heres a link to some I have on Ebay clicky

neil240z

gunmetalgtir said:
The RPS max street is a terrible clutch IMO. Pish design, it's basically just a standard disc with the heaviest pressure plate possible, I had one in my old Pulsar.
well it seems to be favoured more than disliked, and we all know paddle clutches eat GTiR boxes so it seems like the logical choice for big power and chances are with that monster pressure plate you can just take the worn organic clutch plate out pop a new one in and get another 2 years from your clutch for £50
i think someone on here did that.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
neil240z said:
paddle clutches eat GTiR boxes
contrary to popular belief it's not just the paddle clutch that kills the box, the magic killer ingredient is the launch.

I ran a 4 puck paddle for 3 years without any problems. In the past my gearboxes have ALWAYS stripped the teeeth from the cogs (3rd & 5th) whilst moving and it makes no difference how aggressive your clutch is when your already moving

gunmetalgtir

neil240z said:
well it seems to be favoured more than disliked
And that's the reason why I stupidly bought one!

Out of interest have you ever had one?

Believe me mate I've had one and they are pish, if your planning on using your car for anything other than normal road driving forget it. (And even at that their a nightmare for normal road driving due to being so heavy. Their actually harder to push the peddle down than a Nismo clutch and an OS giken clutch.)

But what's the point in uprating a clutch for normal use?

If it doesn't break the clutch fork due to being so bloody heavy and such badly designed then it'll break something else due to the strain being transferred elsewhere!

neil240z

not had one before, i have roughly 10 mins ago drove my car into my friends garage and the pedal is quite firm.

I still have to say i would still go for this clutch over a paddle on a 400hp plus car, reason being i like drag racing and i would need to launch my car to get a good time though you will still end up stripping a gear sooner or later.

paddle clutches are also a fair bit harsher on take up compared to organic.

each to there own i guess, but for your average 300hp pulsar boy racer doing traffic light launches against there rival scoobies then i think the max street is more suitable which is why i bought it, i can live with a firm clutch pedal, its no worse than my mates exedy twin plate.

Neil

rx jamie

cheers for that link steve.

lads i got that clutch because it was suppied with an aftermarket lightened billet flywheel with only 500 milers use on them for £200 pound posted :D
so made sense while the box was out.
i boxed and strengthen the clutch fork while the box was out too.