clutch pedal

J

jimsung

hey guys, my clutch pedal seems to be making a small click when pressed and then a click when at the floor. it's just the standard clutch, my mate said he got it welded good n proper but do you think it would do any harm getting a support bracket anyway?? cheers

A

ale

clicking sound

I have had a clicking sound on my cluth peddle for nearly two years! you hear horror stories about it breaking but mine checks out fine! and thats using an AP paddle clutch, maybe mine is just a caracteristic.

S

Stoned

For the sake of the single minute it takes the fit the support bracket, why take the risk?

It really helps, you can feel the difference straight away.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
ale said:
I have had a clicking sound on my cluth peddle for nearly two years! you hear horror stories about it breaking but mine checks out fine! and thats using an AP paddle clutch, maybe mine is just a caracteristic.

Well good for you matey.

These brackets were originally made by Nissan as they realised there were weak points in the pedal assembly. Needless to say Nissan only fitted the standard brackets to very few cars and they are no longer available.

All I did was copy the elements of there design and made one for myself, then realised there were loads of others in he same situation. The £10 cost of these brackets was more to cover my time, costs and materials than anything else, hardly going get rich on it am I.

Of coarse it up to you weather you want to fit one or not but "when" it does go, the car will be undrivable and you will have to remove the whole dash and carpets to get it all welded up again. All for the sake of fitting a £10 bracket.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Steve

Last edited: