Clutch pedal

gunmetalgtir

My clutch pedal starting feeling really heavy last night when I was sitting in traffic. Within the last 2 months I've had a rps street max clutch, clutch cylinders (master+slave) and a clutch support bracket all fitted. The biting point has also moved down closer to the ground as well. I'm stumped as what could be causing this, cause it was fine until last night and is the same this morning!! Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be??? :(

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The clutch fork is basically a lever that applies pressure to the clutch release bearing via the clutch slave cylinder. You can see the end of it if you look at the top section of the bell housing towards the front of the engine, see pic attached.

The fork unfortunately pivots on a hard steel ball INSIDE the bell housing and can break through on the contact/pivot point. Unfortunately this pivot point is inside the bell housing, so it is a gearbox off job to change the fork.

Last edited:

Gray

Mine went a few months ago replaced with nismo fork and pivot and release bearing
its a gearbox off job so its quite expensive around 6 hours labour + parts

I had the same symptoms aswell biting point got so low in the end i could only drive it without the clutch