Clutch Problem

Rob

Hi guys.

On my way home from university, my clutch developed a problem. When the clutch pedal is pressed down fully, I can get a clean gear change. If I hold the pedal fully down for a few seconds, the clutch starts to engage as though I am lifting the pedal up, but I am not. If this starts to happen, I have to fully release the pedal (which can be slow to rise) and then deepress it again and quickly change gear. I am quite sure that either the master or slave clutch cylinder has gone, but don't know which?

I would be looking to fix this myself, is there a guide available anywhere, and is it a big job?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

E

Edd

if its master, usually is fluid on top of pedal or on carpet, so check there, if its slave usually a leak on top of the gearbox or follow the pipe from slave cylinder as that perishese over time

this has been covered 100's of times before, so if you use the search function you should find more help and fitting guides etc :wink:

Rob

Cheers Edd,

I am sifting through the 20 odd pages found by the search, but haven't found one with the same problem as mine. I shall check for fluid loss, and see hwere it is coming from.

Cheers

Rob

Rob

Hi guys,

I have had a good look under the car today to see if I could find the leak (I have now noticed that a small amount of fluid is missing from the reservoir) but couldn't see anything obvious. i think this is due to the fact that I haven't got a clue where to look? :oops:

I assume that the clutch master cylinder is behind the clutch pedal, but where is the slave cylinder? I am quite sure now that it is the slave that has gone, as the master was only done 2 years ago.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some detailed instructions on where to find the slave, and quick run through on replacing it. Any tips or tricks are also appreciated to make the job go smoothly. :lol:

Cheers

Rob

P.S Gonna keep the car now cos nothing else compares to the R for sensible money. 8)

Shaun

:D Hi Rob,the slave cylinder is on the front of the gearbox,underneath the boost solenoid then look underneath the thermostat housing on the passenger side of the engine bay :!:

E

Edd

Rob, do you live in the midlands, or did i make that up :?: :?

if your not too far away i'll come and help you do slave as did mine before

Rob

Hi Edd,

I am in Stourbridge, about 10 miles from Brum.

That is a very kind offer, are you sure? If so, let me know when is convenient for you etc, and we can sort it out.

Cheers

Rob

E

Edd

stourbridge is about 30 mins for me, but if you need hand, i dont mind.
when you thinking of?
send me pm :D

Rob

Hi guys,

I have just taken some parts off the car to get a better look at what is happening with the clutch, and have found out that it is the hose feeding the slave cylinder that has gone. Of course this is good news, but I was wondering if you could tell me where I can get a replacement from? Is it a nissan part, or can they be made up?

Looking through the part number thread, I found this:

Clutch Tube Assy (MastertoSlave) All All 30650 30850-63C00

Would this be the part I need?

Cheers

Rob

Rob

Hi dudes,

I have got a new pipe on its way to me now, and will be fitting it on Sunday. It looks straight forward enough to me, but does anyone have any tips or hints for me?

Cheers

Rob

zia

whatever you don,t cross thread the banjo end bolt or snap it! other than that it straight forward.oh don,t forget the washers

zia

Rob

Hi guys,

Changed the pipe, went without any drama, clutch feels loads nicer nbow, must have been going for a while.

I have now noticed that the pedal makes a slight click noise when I start to push it.Is this the dreaded clutch pedal bracket failure? What can I do to stop it breaking?

Cheers

Rob

S

seanleed

Sounds like it could be the bracket going, there's various strenghtening brackets on the go, have a look in buying and selling :lol:

B

Brett G

Hey Rob
you can get hold of a clutch pedal strengthening bracket from stevepudney (member on this site). £10 in the post, self addressed and bracket will arrive with fitting instructions, well worth it! :lol:
Cheers Steve :wink:

B

Brett G

accidentally posted this more than once, didnt know how to delete so had to edit and write this :roll: :oops:

B

Brett G

Hey Rob
you can get hold of a clutch pedal strengthening bracket from stevepudney (member on this site). £10 in the post, self addressed and bracket will arrive with fitting instructions, well worth it! :lol:

B

Brett G

Hey Rob