clutch problem

P

petegtir

right so the car has been fine for a few weeks now and i've driven at least 2k since i've had it. no problems at all. well untill today.

i didnt even start the car. i was just getting some stuff out the glove box and happened to put my foot on the clutch and dip it. the ped had no resistance till it was nearly at the bottom. thought it was a bit weird as i'm sure i have moved the clutch with the engine off before and its been stiff.

fired it up and there was no change. didnt try and put it in gear as the clutch didnt feel like it was pushing enough to release the clutch plate.

i had a quick look up under the dash and all looks ok. no broken bits i can see. the pedal does come all the way back up, its just that there isnt any pressure needed to push it down untill about 3/4 down the pedal.

any idea's people?
i'll go for a test drive tomorrow (if i can) and see if i can gather some more data from it to relay back here.

my first gtir problem :cry:
pete

A

ale

have you checked all your fluid levels and checked for leaks around slave cylinder and pipework?