Clutch Problems again !!!

ShayneG

Hi Lads,

From a cold start my clutch slips like a bi**h but as soon as the engines warmed up I can't get it to slip even if I try. I can even pull off in 3rd no probs. My clutch fluids is fully topped up, Any ideas :?: :?:

Shayne

coxie

hi mate i am not sure but the friction material on your clutch might get better with the more heat it gets :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Another possibility is a crank rear oil seal leaking oil onto the clutch and it's burning off after abit of use. Abit of a long shot, but possible.

ShayneG

It's only ever been since I had the boost set to 1 bar but strange how it's o.k when the engines warmed up :?

vizi0n

Hi there! I know this was years ago but did you manage to figure out what was wrong?

My clutch just started acting up like that yesterday, and today its just a bit worst

Frank

Braveheart

less power maybe when the engine and tmic are hot and the drop in power is enough for the clutch to hold. You have just reached to max power for that clutch.

vizi0n

I have a fmic and can launch at 5500rpm without a itch ... it hasnt done it again since those 2 days last week :|

Could I put the blame on a (maybe) faulty master or slave cylinder? Sometimes I can't push the pedal all the way and some others I get a weird squeeking/rattling feeling when pressing it. Just as if the piston was sticking to the sides.

Last edited: