clutch problems

abyss

About a month ago i was driving home in the car. When i stopped at a set of lights i found it difficult to get the car into gear. So my mate bleed my slave cylinder there and then to see if it made any difference it didn't.

I managed to get the car home ok but since then i bleed the slave again and now i can't get any gear all i get now is a chaffing noise as if the clutch is trying to engadge but can't. I bought a slave cylinder off a member on here, and im due to fit it once it arrives could there be any other problems. The clutch has only been in the car about 10 months and the car hasn't even done 1500miles. Also fitted another fully working box in august.

The clutch pedal has no pressure at all. Also there is no loss of fluid anywhere. Also i do have the support bracket fitted.

Also i got my mate to push the clutch pedal down and you can see the slave cylinder move out, could it be that its not moving out enough.

Gray

I had my clutch fork go on me about 6 months ago - its not a cheap job to fix. It sounds like the problems i had but im sure the clutch still had pressure i had to start the car in second gear and then get upto the right revs to get it into 3rd and 4th and so on

abyss

Gray said:
I had my clutch fork go on me about 6 months ago - its not a cheap job to fix. It sounds like the problems i had but im sure the clutch still had pressure i had to start the car in second gear and then get upto the right revs to get it into 3rd and 4th and so on
With my clutch pedal i have no pressure at all. I also have to pull the clutch pedal up with my foot.

gtir bean

take the rubber boot off where the fork goes into the box,see if it looks like it sits square to the slave cylinder.mine went right after i bought mine so it was engine out time. :cry: