Clutch - Supply and fit

Mark_GTiR

Can anyone recommend anyone to do a clutch for me in the North West (Manchester)...

I'm reluctant to pay £400 labour.... however I know I might have to!! Arrrgggghhhh :evil: :evil:

I'm in the wrong game here in this office job and my car is on it's very last legs... I'm desperate!

Keira

thats abit to cheap :shock: who quoted that ??

half decent clutch is £300, then your looking at roughly the same to fit it

Mark_GTiR

Yeah... sounds cheap doesn't it!

Well I've only had the car for about 3 months so I phoned up the importer where I got it from and he pointed me in the direction of the mechanic he uses to pre-service all the cars etc...

Mark

Keira

just make sure he knows exactly what is entailed in doing a gtir clutch and get the quote in writing and let him do it.

however......

if hes never done one i'd imagine it will sit in pieces half done up the back of his workshop for weeks :(

Mark_GTiR

Cheers for the advice mate!

Well when I asked the guy who I bought it off if he could point me in the right direction of anyone he come up with this fella straight away. Said they he sends all his cars to him for check-ups and services when they arrive in from Japan.

He knew the type of car straight away when I spoke to him and said that it comes inclusive of all the oils etc so I assume he knows what he's doing... fingers crossed.

If I get him to do it I'll let you know how I've got on.

ex-gtir

he must be using a standard clutch and not skimming the flywheel for that much cheapest labour you see is about £320 from a tuner and they will want you car for afew days

O

Odin

If you fit a standard clutch then your a mug :roll: :roll: .

rob

turblio

Where abouts are you as there is a guy near me who quotes silly cheap
then takes about 2 months and charges double, best geezer is a happy chap called mike exgtir or ollie :wink:
Frank

Mark_GTiR

I assume you mean fitting a standard clutch is no good as it'll go again fairly shortly?? May as well go for an uprated one for all the work that has to be done in the first place...

He's a guy in Swinton, Manchester... the only reason why he's cheap is because he does all the work for the importer where I got my car. Maybe he has some sort of deal with him..??

I am aware I have to be cautious!!