Clutch tool

J

jpward

Hi anyone got a spare clutch alignment long thingy mabob adoofer kicking around in the garage they would like to part with?

:lol:

STU666V

Hi,
I was stuck when i did my one aswell!! I ended up using a little hand tourch that i got for 99p ;-) Little black handle one and holds 2 AAA batterys, Just shaved down the handle to the correct size and hey presto.

Braveheart

I got one with my clutch kit but did not ask for it back off the garage when I collected the car......:doh:
There must be loads kicking about though... sure you will get one very soon!

J

jpward

anybody even got a broken input shaft that would do the trick :lol:

O

Odin

I've got the tool that came with my old Spec clutch ;-) , But you ain't having it because I never give away tools :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

GTi-R23

jpward said:
anybody even got a broken input shaft that would do the trick :lol:
Should be plenty of those around.

Just improvise as stated above, cut down wooden brush handle or something.

Oh and I also have a genuine Nissan tool that you can't have

J

jpward

Lionel said:
i mite have a spair in the workshop il have a look.
Cheers Lionel

I mention to the guy doing the engine that you could just use something else and also the first attempt it looked like only being about 1-2mm off centre line of crank so i would have thought that would be ok???

How much can the actual plate move past it centre? 5,10mm?

Keira

why dont you get it as best you can by eye, tighten the bolts enough to hold it but not so much that it wont move, then offer up the box, centre it, pull box off then tightern everything up....a pain in the ass but does the job

MarkTurbo

stumo said:
Take your time and you can line it up by eye.
Thats the only clutch alignment tool ive ever used, ive done 9 or 10 now and so far ive got a 100% record and the box has always gone on first time ;-)

P

pulsarboby

i also do clutches by eye aswell, the pulsar splines are large compared to a lot of cars so they are a doddle to align by eye.
its them fookers with the small spigot bearings that need to be 100% spot on.

azboy

i have never used a clutch tool in my life and must have done 1000s of clutches, i just nip up the clutch the feel in the 3 gaps with ur finger that the centre plate has the same gap normally 1 to 2mm to the outside of the clamping plate as the bolts are finger tight u can move it till its in the centre, then tighten.