clutch won't disengage

P

pulsar passion

Hi i have a gtir of my own and i'm having a clutch problem it seems when you put the clutch to the floor it is not disengaging. any body got any ideas how to fix this problem

JIMMYBACK

hello welcome to the club....did you install the clutch or did you buy it with it already in? it could be one of many things? bent clutch fork?

J

jpward

Sounds like a master cyclinder to me is the fluid in the res dirty brown colour?

P

pulsar passion

yeah i think so i'm not 100% sure because i don't know exactly what i'm looking at is there any way you could explain to me what to look for.

P

pulsarboby

when you say the clutch isnt disengaging do you mean the pedal has dropped to the floor and wont come up again! or do you mean the pedal is up at the top but the engine speed is just rising when you rev the car in gear?

does the car go into gear? if so whats happening?

KF79GTIR

A similar thing happened with my R before i blew it up last year, the slave cylender hoses went & before i had them replaced i had to put my foot behind the pedal and lift it up for it to work as you say it would engage but wouldnt come all the way back up if it is this then its gonna be a trip down to your local nissan garage for a replacment as i couldnt find any where else that made a replacement part i paid about £40 for them. hope this is of some help. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Last edited:
P

pulsar passion

It's a bit different the clutch pedal comes up and goes down fine but when i put my foot on the clutch it doesn't disengage so i can't change gear

Badge

Thrust bearing

I Had a simular issue and it was one of the tabs on the side of the thrust bear had given way.

Either way a pain in the **** for very little parts cost!

LeeSmith

bent or snapped clutch fork. You'll find it (or maybe not in this case!!) On top of the gearbox, a rod Poking out. Attached you'll find the slave cylinder.

Where are you based??