clutch!

chiefpulsar

Wat i mourning that was, my beloved GTir needs a new clutch after an unfortunate bit of gear changing in traffic:doh: neway seeing as there aint much room underneath, i'm guessing the engine has goota cum out aswell, great! but i'm running about 300bhp with a plan 2 increase this power output and i'm wondering wat sort of clutch would be best 2 buy, 450 bhp is my limit, any ideas would be greatful?

bopper

450bhp is alot of power an os giken twin plate would do the trick its gonna cost though, i think hiteq sell them for about £960.

And no the engine doesnt have to come out to fit a clutch, but it is a shit job.

HAVE FUN :lol: :lol: :lol:

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™

i would go with act 6-puck or hks goodies

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™

you shouldnt need to remove the engine put the car on axle stands take off engine mounts and drop the engine a few inches you will need to pull off drive shaft though... saves all the electrics and plumbing

Mr GTiR

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™ said:
you shouldnt need to remove the engine put the car on axle stands take off engine mounts and drop the engine a few inches you will need to pull off drive shaft though... saves all the electrics and plumbing
Are you for real? This i've got to see, can i come and watch while you do this?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
RPS Max street is rated to 475lbft, so unless you're making 450bhp at say less than 5000rpm you'll be OK.

It can be done with the engine in, but for most of those that do it, it's easier with the engine out. Plus wgile it's out you can check & replace anything on the back ot the engine.

chiefpulsar

cheers for the advice, glad the engine hasn't got to come out but if its easier then may aswell, and like you say may aswell check wats at the bak of the engine while i'm there

O

Odin

I've changed the clutch with out dropping the engine, You just need to remove the gearbox mount and drop it down, But the second time I dropped the engine and found it easier to be honest. Its a lot less hassle and you can give all the rear water hoses and wiring a good check over while you at it.

Rob

daz

end of the day you can drop a complete engine out in like 2 hours so whats the point in struggling. plus like rob says then you can have a good check round it and see if anything else needs doing while its out

O

Olly

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™ said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds easy when you put it like that.....

chiefpulsar

norris design is about an hour away from ware i live but i'm 22 so i dont earn a lot of money n i work in a bodyshop so i do have acess to a ramp and jus about every tool in the world