Clutch

GTiR_Mic

You are talking at least 2 hours to taken the engine out and roughly same back in and then the time you take to take the box off. If you take the bottom bolts off the gearbox when it is still in the engine it will be a lot easier and then it is only 5 min to take the surrounding case bolts off. The tricky ones will be at the Speedo drive (Which I forgot to take out fully, Rob will vogue for that :lol:)

Mic

W

WoOsH

you can do it with out takin the engine out but it will take twice as long. by far the easiest way is to drop both the engine and box and work on it out of the car.

C

calR

I had my clutch fitted down nisteq in swansea they done the job within 3 hours or so, they removed the old clutch and flywheel without even touching the engine and its a nice clean and easy job if u can find someone to do it who knows what their doing.

Shaun

calR said:
I had my clutch fitted down nisteq in swansea they done the job within 3 hours or so, they removed the old clutch and flywheel without even touching the engine and its a nice clean and easy job if u can find someone to do it who knows what their doing.
I've just seen the damage caused by fitting a clutch this way,i must say it was NOT fitted by Nistec but by the previous owner of my mates car,it was fitted with a Helix clutch which had only been in for around 4000-5000miles with no heavy driving or launching,thrust bearing had destroyed the frons on the pressure plate,flyweel had bad heat pickup marks and would have needed skimming,personally i wouldnt recommend doing it this way ;-) .