complete power loss

G

grey goose

just seemed to die really was'nt really thrashing it, just coming on to boost and then a splutter and stopped. when i tried starting it it just wouldnt fire......:evil: got the aa out to get me back home he said there was no power going to the coil,fuel pump,he checked all engine fuses and relays and said they seemed fine wasnt really much help after that.

I have taken it to my local tuners but would just like some feedback on what it could be any help would be cool cheers

gtir bean

check the rotor arm.the shaft it bolts too came loose on mine so the arm was not in time with the engine.tightened it up and good as new.it just died when i went round a corner.

G

grey goose

yea, i do have an immobiliser, it may well be that. Would it just cut in like that and also all dash lights come up when ignition on.i assumed that the numpty from aa did the fault codes as it was wired into a laptop. it does turn over with the key but just doesnt fire. hope fully no internal's have given up it did splutter to a stop. is there not any fail safe's which may have put the car in limp mode or no mode at all

rossdj1983

ive had imobilizers packing up on me like that as abyss says do the fuel pump thing. do the fault code yourself-i wouldnt trust a AA mans laptop, he only probably got it out to play a bit of pac man

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
same thing happened 2 fazz on the motorway 2 weeks ago dizzy cap ****ed and big ends gone engine only done 1000 miles on new rebuild:oops: :oops: :der: :doh:

G

grey goose

thanks guys some helpfull imput, finding out tomoro whats wrong with the old girl i will keep it posted, fingers crossed i will be back on the road attacking the lanes again

cheers