confused--extreme lack of power

A

Anonymous

I had posted before about the car not pulling that hard after a certain rpm, but now seems worse.
anything after 4500 5000 seems a wast of time and the car seems just to be struggling to rev (like theres somthing holding it back)in 3rd to get from 4500rpm to say 6500-7000rpm it takes from 3 to 8 seconds seems a long time.
But if i turn the boost back to how i had it around 17 - 20 psi it sits you back in your seat till 7500rpm, turn the boost down to 13.5 and a freakin mini could go faster..
specs of the car i presume are all standard apart from high flow cat and the goose...
and before you say you shouldnt be using 17 psi without some sort of fueling upgrade i presume it has a bigger fuel pump cause it hasnt blown up yet and is still running rich, after a year of that...
WILL TAKE IT AND GET IT SUSSED OUT ON THE DYNO, JUST THOUGHT ID TRY AND CONFUSE A FEW OF YOU GUYS......BECAUSE I CERTAINLY AM.

E

Edd

gtir_luke said:
and before you say you shouldnt be using 17 psi without some sort of fueling upgrade i presume it has a bigger fuel pump cause it hasnt blown up yet and is still running rich, after a year of that...
no offence but that is a dangerous comment to say. Just because it hasn't blown up why would it have an uprated pump? :shock:

Sounds like at 17psi its running very lean, hence it not pulling, or the injectors/pump aren't supplying enough fuel.
If i were you i'd get it set up on a rolling road for 15psi as the stock fuelling is no good for over 1 bar without it running lean at the top end.

skiddusmarkus

What are your plug gaps set to?They need to be closer for higher boost.

BTW-I reckon 17-20pis is too high without at least a fmic.I just lost 2 ringlands,so why take the risk?

A

Anonymous

yeah I know 17psi is a lot if all is standard, hence the reason why i turned it down.
but thats why i am confused, cause in reality it should be running shity and possibly blow if the boost is set too high-but it runs with out fault when boost is high, no hesitation and revs quikly to 7500.
thats why im so freakin confused cause i cant see why turning the boost down would make the car run so crap,unless there are larger injetors and fuel pump and its majorly overfueling,hence the car semming extremly flat.
(are the standard injetors yellow???)
Skiddus dont know what gap the plugs are at, just know there the hks ones.....

zia

it might be because of possible leak, therefore you are not running 14 psi into the engine which would give weak a/f,possible top mount blockage?
i had similar problem where i fitted front mount but didn,t up the boost to compensate which ment that i was losing power.

zia