Confused, how do I fit these to my car ? ? ? ? ?

Y

YODI

Whats the normal routine of fitting different/aftermarket seats to an 'R'?

Cheers, Yodi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You'll probably need some custom subframes making up, if the standard subframes are no use for them.

Y

YODI

Has anyone got these or any other seats in there car??

Yodi

Mr GTiR

i'm in the middle of making some subframes for my Crobeau seats. let me know if you want some subframes making up :wink:

Y

YODI

Can the original subframes be removed from the original seats??

S

Sirnixalot

YODI said:
Can the original subframes be removed from the original seats??
nope
they are well integrated into that seat

they have to be hacked off and some welding done....then you have 2 buggered standard seats.

Bride makes some seat rails for the pulsar if you dont get any from Andy 8)

M

Mulisha

nice skyline and enkei rims. Are you in Okinawa, mainland, elsewhere?

Y

YODI

Im in the UK mate, that pic was taken by the guy that I bought them from

Cheers, Yodi

M

Mulisha

Oh. If that was your car and you were in Okinawa, Japan, I know you.

Y

YODI

Thecar was only imported in August, is there anything about the car you can tell me??

What do you know aboutit to confirm if its the same car???

Yodi

M

Mulisha

We are talking about the Skyline, right? If you didn't import it personally than its not the same car. Most of the cars that get imported are from mainland Japan, not Okinawa. That similar car that I know was from Okinawa. But it had boost controller, boost gauge, lowered and front camber like a B!tch. And of course one of the only RB20 manual transmissions on the island.

Y

YODI

No mate

Im talking about my Sunny. Which Skyline are you talking about??

Yodi

A

Anonymous

YODI said:
Has anyone got these or any other seats in there car??

Yodi
i have similar seats.

you need to get a new frame thingo kinda thing mayte.

Y

YODI

So I can just rip the frames off the original seats and thats all I will need???

Or were can I just order the correct frames from??

Yodi

O

Olly

I done it first :lol: You are gonna need a bit of a A Team plan to fit them 8) ,
I used my original runners that were part of the seat :lol: cos stock seats are poor back of them keep moving under high loads :wink: then made and Welded some brackets to the runners and bolted the runners to the orginal Recaro seat position holes, take a while to get them level and right, very comfy but the recaro seats as always have thick seat bases (the bit your arse sits on) so have trimmed mine by 40% to get down nice and low but will go lowerm lower the better lower centre of gravitiy and all that. There worth it but there a bit work to do it. I doubt if Recaro do any runners anything like the GTi-R hillside shaped floor pan very much. :roll:

Good luck

O

Olly

just angle iron and 4mm thick steel, you should use the stock runners to retain the seat belt mounting (part of runners), then just knock up the brackets and mig it where you want it. if you want a piccy just ask. 8)

Y

YODI

If you couls get me some pics mate that would be excellent

Thanks, Yodi