Coolant Temperature Sensor same as Water Temperature Sensor?

hmmm

Arre the items stated above the same thing or are they two different parts for the GTi-R?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
All i know is that there are 2 different sensors... Your ECU uses one and the temp gauge uses another...

Rishi

sypher

Both are NTC type and they are on a pipe on the back of the head the two wire one is for the inj/ign ecu and the single prong/terminal one is for your water temp gauge,

Stu.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: Coolant Temperature Sensor same as Water Temperature Sen

hmmm said:
Arre the items steted above the same thing or are they two different parts for the GTi-R?

Yes they are the same thing. The stuff in your engine is coolant not water :wink: (unless you haven't added any antifreeze)

Yes there are 2 sensors as Rishi says.

hmmm

The Part Number I have here is 22630-51E00. Alternate Part Number is 22630-51E02 and it comes up as Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor.

Does this mean that the same Sensor is used twice in the car? i.e same sensor for IGN/INJ and Water temp gauge? :?

Thanks.

sypher

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's another temperature sensor (doesn't mention coolant/ecu or anything) which matches the item in the picture. It gives 2 numbers

25080 89903 1090/1092
25080 89907 10/92>

The other sensors are named ie oil/boost etc, but this one isn't so it maybe the other coolant one. :?

sypher

there is another single terminal sensor for "oil temp" which looks like the one in the pic' but is fitted into the oil filter housing and it has a brown plastic ring around the terminal instead of black which is for coolant.

Stu.

hmmm

I have the Coolant Temperature Sensor in front of me here. It is the 2 pin one but it is blue where as the 1 in your pic is red :?.

Part Number is 22630-51E02.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The number I put above is a single terminal sensor. It's not the oil/boost etc as they are listed as such.

sypher

Honestly cant say as I dont know the no# of the parts, but I can tell you that that two sensors in the pic' are water temperature sensors and the two pin one is for ecu, so if you are having gauge problems and you want to change sensor it is the single terminal one

I would tell nissan parts dep't that you want sensor for gauge and if they fxxx it up, you say thats not what i asked you for!!!

hope i helped (slightly)

Stu.

hmmm

Yeh that's the one I got.

I'm not having any problems with the gauge.

It's just that I thought I'd change the Coolant Temperature Sensor (Two Pin one as we now know :wink:) as the one in there is pretty old and won't be as accurate.