Cooling probs maybe??

A

Anonymous

Hi, a little while ago I had a thermostat stick shut which in turn killed the radiator, i replaced both and now the car seems to get up to temperature extremely quickly. After about a quater of a mile of steady (no boost) driving and it's at full running temp. Is it dying? :cry: Or is that how it is meant to be and i've just fixed it by replacing the rad and stat?

Cheers

B

A

Anders

No. That is a sign of a thermostat in excellent working order. The best ones remain FULLY closed until the engine reaches full operaing temp hence the engine warms up very quick. Mine did the same. Providing it doesn't overheat its working fine.

Andy

A

Anonymous

Cool :D Well, um hot i suppose. I've never seen an engine get so hot so quick, at least i've not killed it :D

Thanks alot mate

B

A

Anders

Absolutely and good point. Many people don't realise that coolant operating temp is not an indication of a fully warmed up engine. Also, I've heard of some who having left their car idle fo a while (to warm up) and then go blasting down the road. Its also important to warm up the drive train etc before doing a Jenson Button down the road.