Could be time for more upgrades. Help!

G

GTI-R Kid

Well the latest in the saga (if you haven't come across the thread already) is that we suspect our turbo is on the way out. I suppose with 140k km on it we shouldn't be too surprised?

Anyways, this has us in the predicament of having to do more modifying a lot sooner than anticipated. Bank balance and credit card are still a little bruised, but can stretch to a few necessary bits.

With that in mind we're thinking of going down the now popular route of GT3071R turbo & Emanage Ultimate. The car hasn't run properly since coming back on the road, and we've been toying with the idea of getting an ecu and proper mapping in the UK almost since it came back anyway, so the latest problems are just bringing the timeframe forward.

So what I really need to know now, so I can keep my Mrs better informed, is what exactly we'll need to get all this up and running safe with decent power. Right now the short-list is Greddy Emanage Ultimate, Harness, USB, Data cd, pressure sensor, pressure sensor harness and 3071R turbo.

Would I be correct in saying that with the pressure sensor present we can ditch the standard MAF and do not need to source a Z32 MAF? Would we need bigger injectors? I'm guessing yes, but don't know what size? 550cc? 600cc? 660cc? 700cc?

Is there anything else that would be necessary so that this setup could run safely to maybe 350bhp on 95 ron fuel? What sort of boost pressure would we need to run in theory for this power level?

Cheers in advance folks.

M

micra man

hi rob, id personnally ditch the emanage and locate a power fc
600 or 700cc injectors will do the biz
with the power fc and that turbo u will have to use the z32a airflow meter and hks wiring harness to make it fit . a second hand z32 can be had for about 50 notes the harness should be about 20 quid hiteq sell quite alot of these
be aware though you will need custom intake pipe for the 3071 and to accodamate the airflow meter. fazz is sorting a convoy to rc for mapping in january put your name down you know it makes sense;-) .

G

GTI-R Kid

Sadly this has come at a time when money isn't exactly flush so looking for the most cost-effective way of sorting things. :oops:

Can't really see the point of the FC as the emanage would actually be handier being able to switch between maps, and if we get a map sensor I think I'm right in saying that we wouldn't need a MAF at all?

So going emanage saves a few quid on the unit, and the expense of Z32 MAF and plug. Also if we go with the 2.75" inlet 3071 there shouldn't be too much messing about with the custom intake thats already on the car. :thumbsup:

As for RC, can't committ to anything at all right now until we know how much of a dent Christmas is going to make in finances. That and the fact that her insurance is due for renewal (she's insuring the GTI-R) means that things might be on hold for a few months yet. :?

Fazz

lean lean lean... damn money pits!!!

i think you're right rob. in your situ the emanage seems fine and mayb fusion could look/sort couple of your other problems ..

they do seem an excellent ecu and great price.

recommend www.nengun.com for it..

P

pearl 476.5bhp

HI rob i think you should sell the car,if you cant afford the proper and best PARTS for the car you shouldnt waste your money or else it will break you balls and bank balance CHEAP PARTS = DISASTER,DISASTER,DISASTER.hope everything works out for you mate:thumbsup:

M

micra man

GTI-R Kid said:
Sadly this has come at a time when money isn't exactly flush so looking for the most cost-effective way of sorting things. :oops:

Can't really see the point of the FC as the emanage would actually be handier being able to switch between maps, and if we get a map sensor I think I'm right in saying that we wouldn't need a MAF at all?

So going emanage saves a few quid on the unit, and the expense of Z32 MAF and plug. Also if we go with the 2.75" inlet 3071 there shouldn't be too much messing about with the custom intake thats already on the car. :thumbsup:

As for RC, can't committ to anything at all right now until we know how much of a dent Christmas is going to make in finances. That and the fact that her insurance is due for renewal (she's insuring the GTI-R) means that things might be on hold for a few months yet. :?
hi rob if your running a boost controller yoy can have 2 maps on the avcr you can switch between setting a and b so low boost for daily running and high boost setting for real fun.
id still go with a power fc. bestof luck with it anyhow fella