curb of DOOM has ruined my R!!!

akchang

this is not the first time i have encountered a curb sideways but this time it was a very hard impact. im really unhappy about this...

im up in alaska and we just got our first snow today. i had my summer tires on which are bald from racing all summer. i came down a hill at reasonable speed and as i made the turn at the bottom of the hill the car kept heading sideways right into the curb with both passenger side tires.(new volk TE37s as well)
my front tire and spindle are now only attached to the car by the strut, my axle is hanging out still attached to the spindle, my new volk TE37 has a huge chunk of rotor resting in the bottom of it, the front control arm now looks like a hook, the mount for the front control arm is pushed in a bit, my rear tire has some SERIOUS positive camber and the rear suspension links are now U shaped. i am just too hurt right now to look for more damage. please everyone watch out for curbs!
im going to go cry now.

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Not a good start to the season. Sorry to hear the news. Hope you get better soon, I'm sure between us all we can sort the car

Jim

O

Odin

I'm sure we can find you the spares you need to fix her up matey.....

Rob

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Aww no, :sad: least you not hurt!! Yeah if you need any parts this lost on here will help you out!

Try & smile!

akchang

trust me im definitly kicking myself.

on a little better note. i found a fella who is going to sell me a new tranny and complete rear subframe/diff both with upgraded LSDs.

T

Trust-R

ouch
bad luck mate, hope you sort it out, like the guys are saying at least your not hurt and the curb might have saved you from going into some trees?
TE37's are my favourite wheel