cut out on corners

rx jamie

during driving especially on round-a-bouts or tight bends the car will cut out for a second or so , as if overboosting. fueling is cut and the revs die off then the fueling comes back on as if someones flipped a switch. this can happen even when under no boost load. whether driving hard or slow it still happens. having a full tank of fuel makes no difference either. i thought it may have been fuel starvation but it cuts out so abruptly and tank level makes no difference. could it be that it is actually something to do with the fuel pump/internal swirl pot ? leaning out on corners causing det and the knock sensor is picking it up ?

any ideas ?

paz

If its a left hand bend, and your going some with less than around quarter of a tank of fuel (sometimes more in some cars) its fuel surge - its a well known 'feature' of the R.

Paz

P

pulsarboby

have you fitted or has it got an aftermarket pump fitted?
if so then i reckon its come loose in the housing, causing it to cut as it could be sitting a lot higher in tank!
easy way to check is to fill tank to brim and see if it does it then, if not then that will be the problem!

just read snoons post lol (weird)
read that and you will see what i mean

Last edited by a moderator:

snoon

Could be same prob as me.

My Walbro was held in with bubble wrap, over time air has come out of it and pump came loose in tank. (and I'm sure the bubble wrap would have stopped fual going through the pump on some corners).

You'd need to look in the tank to do this tho.

D

deslynam

Bubble wrap - dear God no?!?!

Jamie's said fuel level makes no difference, so if it's doing it with a full tank of fuel, what's likely to be the problem?

D

deslynam

It's easy to get into the tank if your fuel feed pipes aren't stuck to the plastic connectors & the tank cap hasn't stuck itself in place as well.
A few choice words were used that afternoon, i tell thee!

rx jamie

i got to have a look in the tank yesterday. i could see the pump and the take off. the take off pipe seemed to be surrounded by a woven type bag ? maybe to act as some kind of a pre filter ?
i squeezed my arm into the tank and it seemed secure in its position. everything was fastened down and nothing was floating around.
so im still at a loss with this. i may put in an after market swirl pot and pump in the boot, see if that cures it.