cuts out high revs for second or 2 ??

A

alexpulsar

hello people ,ever since i have had my car back on the road, it cuts out at high revs?? almost as if its an over boost switch kicking in ?,its embarrasing when your kicking a scoobys ass then that happens ie on motorway if you start winding up 5th gear to about 4500 revs approx then suddenly cuts off all together. only for a couple of seconds then you can rev it again but not past where it cuts out!! does not do it in 1st , 2nd or 3rd.only 4th n 5th .it never did it before i rebuilt the engine .ive had hks cams, head work, fmic and uprated internals. still using stock tubby.but one thing i did not re fit was the little solonoid that used to fit at the front of engine next to the old top mount inter cooler, it used to have 2 vacum pipes going to it which people often bridge together to run higher boost!! .any ideas lads ????:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.regards alex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonesy

Sounds like its still limited, 112mph rings a bell. 4500 revs wont be to far away from that
Bollox just noticed you said 3rd, 4th and 5th ignore that, as above

A

alexpulsar

clocks

i think your both spot on thinking about it its only done it since i pissed about with my clocks trying to fit new dials .its already de restricted got that little box on back of my clocks with red and green wire coming off it but ive replaced it each time is there something your supposed to do when replacing it maybe ?????:doh:

ashills

the limiter doesnt make car cut out i spent a year trying to solve this with my first gtir changed the clocks eventually and it went

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
ashills said:
the limiter doesnt make car cut out i spent a year trying to solve this with my first gtir changed the clocks eventually and it went
I know what you mean too, I have this problem too, but I also found a wire that was aftermarket which was disconnected from the ecu. One connection later and 145mph at Spa was easily achieved. ;-)

However I still think that the clocks have something to do with it and I’m going to persevere and find out why (still has a funny turn now and again) – and I’m awkward bastard to not fit new clocks and fix what I have

A

alexpulsar

clocks ecu

before my engine build, my car used to hit 165mph.so the clocks said ??and almost hitting the restrictor in 5th.i will say, all i added was an apexi electronic boost cont,which i confidently soldered into the ecu. as i had installed the safc2 easliy prior to my crank been scared of the dark!!! i have also foolishly attempted fitting lockwood dials:doh: which is a big mistake.the car has its newly rebuilt engine and it does what i have explained originaly so there for it must be either a broken wire to ecu or the limiter on circuit board of clocks .:? :? :?

A

alexpulsar

ashills said:
i will get me some new clocks off bob.i think he has sorted me some decent working clocks ill give him bell .

A

alexpulsar

Jonesy said:
Sounds like its still limited, 112mph rings a bell. 4500 revs wont be to far away from that
Bollox just noticed you said 3rd, 4th and 5th ignore that, as above
i have slightly edited original thread it only does it in 4th or 5th. 1st 2nd and 3rd seem fine.

N

Nelson

I had this as well in 4th and 5th, it used to cut out but once you slowed down a bit you could accelerate up to the same speed but then it would cut out again!

Fitted new uk clock, never happened again :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ashills said:
When my delimiter was faulty my car would do this quite often. I just thought it was the factory limiter kicking in. When I fitted a new delimiter the problem went away.

A

alexpulsar

de limiter

so you had a delimiter already? which worked fine then it packed up ??how much are they these days ???got some new clocks coming soon off bob all been well .:thumbsup: so ill try them first as the clocks in my car at present are well shagged but i fitted the limiter as it coime off my original clocks .i pushed my luck to much attempting to fit my white dials :doh: what a foooking ball ache its cost me 90 squid up to yet lol.:oops: .im a bit like homer simpson repeatedly getting stung by the same mistake lol.

N

Nelson

I tried 3 or 4 different limiters before i changed the clock, my moneys on the clock!

A

alexpulsar

clock

cheers nelson love the sponge bob avator lol.im going for a set of clocks off bob fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alexpulsar

gtir s

you know what everyone ive worked on motors for years and ive never known anything like it with these pulsars all the little problems which cause so much grief lol.:lol: thanx for all your input lads :thumbsup: