CV joint being replaced by garage but it's wrong

dombat

My local garage is replacing the NS outer CV joint with ABS today. The one that the mechanic has got from that company (I can't remember the exact name, but it's blue<something> and is often mentioned on here) is slightly different, the ABS ring doesn't fit properly.

Has anyone experienced this before?

He's ordered one from the local Nissan garage, i'm just worried this will be wrong too for some odd reason (like some kind of dodgy bodge with ABS off a primera or something like that).

faz

I cant see it being a wrong part from Nissan unless the garage has ordered the wrong part!

J

jpward

Blueprint make a lot of the parts for nissan or so im told so strange how it is different??

dombat

The garage said he had to keep the ABS bits from the old joint and they didn't fit into the new one properly. The hole was a tiny bit too small. I think it was the toothed ring that goes inside the joint that didn't fit and not the ABS sensor.

O

Odin

dombat said:
The garage said he had to keep the ABS bits from the old joint and they didn't fit into the new one properly. The hole was a tiny bit too small. I think it was the toothed ring that goes inside the joint that didn't fit and not the ABS sensor.
Maybe they ordered the wrong joint in the first place, Nissan did make non ABS car's you know fella ;-) , I've got a set of non ABS hubs sitting in my garage.

Rob

dombat

We'll see on friday when the new part should be here. why o why do i worry about things like this. I'm nuts!!!

J

jpward

Yeah id say the same as Rob bet they ordered the non abs hub.

dombat

Well, the nissan parts fitted fine, although the strange noise remains. oh well. could be a number of things, so will have to see what breaks now!

The mintex pads he fitted for me are far better than the EBC one's that were on there before (standard brakes). It nice being able to stop without thinking shiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!! ;-)