Dastek Run - Issues

warringtonjack

Well, when up at JapFest on Sat, decided to take the opportunity of getting the R on the rollers again. The results of which are shown below.

First run made 302bhp @ 1 Bar. The next 3 all made 265 @ 1 Bar. My AFR's seem overly high even at full boost! The AFR probe didnt work for the first run, so I cant tell if they were any different on the good run. The fault seems to be intermittent (or at least temp related, i.e. when the car was hot after the first run).

As for the rest of it, it still seemed to drive ok, apart from the small amount of hunting on idle. Any comments regarding the data would be very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'm back at Castle Combe in 3 weeks for a track day, and would obviously prefer to have the car sorted by then.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

definately no mapping expert but the car appears to be running very rich at the top end!
seeing as the initial figure was good but the other runs arent so good and taking the dodgy afr's into account, i would hazard a guess that one of you ic pipes is leaking which would richen the mixture as you will put more fuel than air in.
so check all your ic connectors as one may have blown loose after the first run!

this would also cause the hunting problem at idle

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion Ed

AFR is too rich at the top end (you dont want to go lower than mid 11's and even then that will have lost a little power) and its to lean at the mid/low end. From 3800 ish on you want around high 11's ish ideally to the red line.

warringtonjack

Micra Ed said:
AFR is too rich at the top end and its to lean at the mid/low end.
What might be the cause of this? I checked all pipes etc and they're all fine and dandy. Could the pcv cause such symptoms?

youngsyp

The torque figure seems to be rather low too ?!

And the power in the first run was made at 7000 rpm where as the rest of the runs only go up to 6500 rpm ?!

Paul

warringtonjack

youngsyp said:
The torque figure seems to be rather low too ?!

And the power in the first run was made at 7000 rpm where as the rest of the runs only go up to 6500 rpm ?!

Paul
The other runs go up to 7500. One other thing I thought odd, was on the last pic, the boost on the first run that gave the proper bhp (light blue) seems to come in at a constant rpm higher up the rev band than the other three runs.

Think i'm just gonna use it on the track day and see if I can pop it! :lol: At least that'll give me an excuse to get the new engine etc in! ;)