Dastek

Jonesy

Was thinking of taking my car to Dastek in fife shortly to put it on the rollers and see how many ponys its putting out. It was sitting around 280 bhp 6 months ago. Also was planning on getting it chipped and re-mapped.
Has any one had any dealings with Dastek in the past also what sort of power increase do you think i will see once chipped and re-mapped.
Spec just now is.
Uprated plugs and leads.
Uprated fuel pump, exhuast and filter.
FMIC
1 bar boost
Also apexi SAFC
:lol:

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hi,

My 'R is off to John Noble Motorsport at Chesterfield (Derbyshire) on Saturday for a Unichip fitting & mapping so I'll let you know the results when i get it back in a week's time. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

donpulsar :-D

Jonesy

Cheers mate, that would be good, any idea what bhp your sitting at just now. How much are they charging for unichip and remap

Jonesy

Thats quite a good price bud.
I'm about 20 miles south of edinburgh, stay in Dunbar, what about you. That would be good if you could drop him a PM any idea how much they charge.
Cheers

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Jonesy said:
Thats quite a good price bud.
I'm about 20 miles south of edinburgh, stay in Dunbar, what about you. That would be good if you could drop him a PM any idea how much they charge.
Cheers
im in Tranent :lol:

yeah, i'll drop him a PM - but there is other ways to tune your car. IIRC the unichip is £500 and £60 an hour for mapping. the safc is much the same technology

Jonesy

I've got a mate that stays in Tranent, he's just bought a white evo. Is your pulsar on the road i never see another one going about.
It is alot of cash for the uni chip. How does the safc work then, i thought it was just for monitoring purposes. It was fitted to the car when i got it never looked into it.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
not got an R at the moment, i have an integrale, thought i'd try something different for a while. Dont know any evos from Tranent :(

so i take it you have an safc at the moment?

Jonesy

Ok he only got it a couple of weeks ago.
Yes got one fitted at the moment, it was fitted when i bought the car.

Jonesy

It's an HKS electronic boost controller. I was interested in seeing what the power output was, and getting it chipped to increase the power if possible. Havnt done anymore mods though.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
do you know if its had an uprated clutch fitted yet?

if it has then you should see around 330 bhp and 300lb/ft torque @1.3 bar on your set up (if the tubby is std)

Jonesy

Yes uprated organic clutch fitted. As before in PM is that not a bit much boost for standard engine and turbo.