DE-LIMITING THE R....

A

Anonymous

How much does it cost and where/how is the best place to do it?

I have been told it is just a wire to snip as the car has already got he speedo converted to mph!! odd that it was not done at the time!!

cheers
nick

antgtir

Im not sure where you get it done because when i got mine it was already sorted. :D

Dont feel left out, i think Paz's is still restricted :wink:

Sorry i cant help mate.

paz

antgtir said:
Im not sure where you get it done because when i got mine it was already sorted. :D

Sorry i cant help mate.
Yeah mines still restricted, as are a few others. Mines staying that way as well, more to prevent me getting in silly motorway races that anything else :lol:

paz

BenD

paz said:
antgtir said:

Sorry i cant help mate.
Yeah mines still restricted, as are a few others. Mines staying that way as well, more to prevent me getting in silly motorway races that anything else :lol:

paz
LOL thats why i want mine delimited :twisted:

Anyway, powerstation will delimit the car, and also recalibrate the speedo into MPH

Cheers

Ben

A

Anonymous

cheers guys,
I must admit it does keep you from going well over 140 on the local private runway which is a good thing really!

nick

geetee

If u don;t derestrict / convert your tacho keeps clocking up in km and the mot requires an mph speedo.

You could just get a new mph face for the speedo.

CHeers
GeeTee

A

Anonymous

GeeTee
my car was brought into the uk about 5 years ago and in those days you could get a speedo converter and still keep the car de limited as I understand they read of differen triggers!

it is only over he last few years where you can buy the unit to do both.

nick

geetee

Surely a speedo convertor without delimit just needs a new dial face?

I believe the speedo signal from the gearbox feeds both the ecu and the speedo head.

SO the other way would be to splice into this and convert the signal to the Speedo head but just leave the signal to the ecu alone. But why? If you don;t want to go over 112mph don;t press the accelerator that far!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm currently limited :( I think my delimiter is kaput. It just means you need to win those races before you hit the limiter :p

J

J-GTi-R

Mine has been limited for the nearly 4 years I've had it, I'm only now going to delimit it so I can get the car properly RR'd then I'll probably limit it again.

Dual converter/delimiters have been around for absolutely ages, don't know who told you they're a recent thing. The electronics behind the units is actually very basic stuff.