decat pipe is it louder

R

r5ben

as above do you think the car gets louder with a decat pipe fitted :? ??
and did it make any differant in performace that you could notice ?
and do they go tast the mot with oe fitted it its on a Hreg ??

cheers 8)

R

r5ben

:oops: sorry about the typing lol :) messed that up big time !

as above do you think the car gets louder with a decat pipe fitted ??
and did it make any differants in performace that you could notice ?
and do they go past the mot with it fitted it its on a Hreg ??

:roll: whayyyy got there this time ! :wink:

paz

Yes I believe it gets louder wtith a decat.

Yes there is a noticeable different in pull with one fitted (the car seems to breathe a lot better)

Yes it will pass the MOT, I think its pre august 91 cars need a decat to pass their MOT (if they came fitted with one) but regardless of whether that dates right, mines a J reg and didn't need a decat to pass its MOT.

paz

LeeSmith

I didn't really notice much difference in the loudness of the exhaust to be honest...

Performance wise, the car seemed to have a much better pick up on acceleration & rev better. Definatly worth doing.

My cat was screwed & my det sensor was faulty, so I decatted it (£90.00 :shock: ) and got an MOT in september coming up! i got a 1994 L reg......Been told by Norris Designs it will pass even without an MOT...

andygtir

the de-cat makes a big difference esp. with a full system.

yes it will be louder- mine was deeper/bassier

no you dont need a cat for the R- its not no the mot database so only needs to pass the basic test which it will do with ease.

R

r5ben

thats fine then i didnt hear the car b4 the decat pipe was put on so i didnt know thats all :) but i was thinking about the mot :roll: but if it dont need one then thats ace ill just leave it on

O

Odin

No imported pulsar needs a cat as they do not have them on there system
mine is a 94 fitted with a goose and no cat and I'v never had a problem with the mot.... As for getting louder not much but the car picks up a lot better than it did 8) ...

The funny thing is that on my skyline r33 gts-t it never made a blind bit
of dif wether I had the cat or the by-pass fitted to the way it ran :? .

rob

Davey

also, some systems have a small silencer, instead of a cat (mongoose?)
If you are replacing this with a straight bit of pipe, it will make a bit of difference, but not a massive amount.

Keira

Stevo said:
if ur car is a late k reg 1992 it needs a cat for mot anything before doesnt ;)

no it doesn't :roll:

as vpulsars already quite rightly stated the pulsar does not need a cat for an mot regardless of year

youngsyp

Just to throw this up in the air a bit. Any car first registered (doesn't matter in which country) after August 1992 WITH A UK MODEL EQUIVALENT, does require a cat to pass our MOT. So, officially and by law, a Pulsar GTiR first registered, in Japan, from August 1992 does need a cat to pass the MOT as their UK model equivalent is the Sunny GTiR. How MOT stations get round this, as they did with me as mine is a 94MY, is to put Nissan Pulsar into there gas analyser. This then comes back with no equivalent, as it doesn't recognise the name Pulsar, as Vpulsar stated, and puts it though a non-cat test.

If a car has no UK equivalent and is MOT'd here, I think it can be as new as August 1995 before it will require a cat to pass an MOT.

I found when I put my cat back in, the car felt more torquey. This could have been caused by my downpipe not being attached properly though :oops: :lol: