diameter of return hose from turbo to block?

turboloon

as above ,cause i recentley fitted a piece of hose wich seemed a snug fit on the fittings had jubilees fitted but it still seemed to weep...does anybody else suffer from this problem?:evil: p.s i had clips up tight!!!

neil240z

i take it you mean oil return from turbo? there isnt a great deal of pressure that runs through this hose so it shouldnt leak, are you sure its not the gasket where the flange bolts to the turbo?

also the flange itself can sometimes warp and not seal which will cause it to leak.

Neil

Last edited:

neil240z

yes, it has an angled pipe which the hose goes onto then is clipped up, the oil can come from the gasket or flange where the 2 x 10mm bolts hold it to the turbo and when it trickles down the hose it looks like its the hose leaking but its not.

Neil

turboloon

cheers guys,odin got my car booked into wallace next tues.for russ to set it up for me so looking forward to that!!!

O

Odin

turboloon said:
Odin got my car booked into Wallace next tues.for russ to set it up for me so looking forward to that!!!

Cool I'm sure he will get you sorted, Just another few weeks and mine will be down there too.

Rob

turboloon

ok guys,removed the pipe and there was no gasket there!!!so knocked one upnew hose sourced to so job done,another quicky for you lads would a cheap oil(asda) be ok to run a flush through my car(oil was minging was going to get a engine flush and put it in with the above oil...)o forgot to say the above mentioned oil is a 20w 50...it's only going to be in the car 20 mins tops at idle..

O

Odin

turboloon said:
ok guys,removed the pipe and there was no gasket there!!!so knocked one upnew hose sourced to so job done,another quicky for you lads would a cheap oil(asda) be ok to run a flush through my car(oil was minging was going to get a engine flush and put it in with the above oil...)o forgot to say the above mentioned oil is a 20w 50...it's only going to be in the car 20 mins tops at idle..
Yes that would be fine, I'd also take it for a drive for a few miles with out boosting it or giving high revs, I can't see the point of those engine flush products all they achieve is to disturb any deposits sitting in your engine and cause more harm than good.

Nothing wrong with a nice cheap oil though ;-) .

Rob