Did it properly!

G

Geo3

Hi guys new to this site, just tellin you my little story an spec or my R will be he he
Well i bought my R about year an a half ago, replaced the gearbox bearings as i got car cheap with them buggered...
So after 6months of driving an loving every minute an people askin what the hell it was i managed to fill the M5 up with white smoke :x . I presumude the turbo, so i removed the turbo an found traces of oil around no.4 cylinder exhaust oulet. So it was going to be either a piston ring or a valve stem oil seaM , either way it had to be ripped apart to have a look see what was wrong. Mean while i sent the turbo off to be looked at, which we found out was un repairable :cry: .......

Sat down an had a long think! spec now follows:

HKS adjustable cam gears
new cam rockers
jun 264 cams
1 new valve as was bent
re seated valves 3 seats
tomei 1.8 head gasket
nissan gasket set
skimmed head (new face)
port an polished head
flowed on nissan specific head flow bench
wisco 87mm pistons
shot peened rods
arp head bolts
arp conrod bolts
excedy clutch assy rated to 480ft
lightened an balanced crank
lightened stock flywheel
new shells
new oil pump
e-manage ultimate
forge breather kit
fmic kit
gt3071r

few bits left to get are:

fuel pump
injectors
fuel pressure regulator
tubular manofold
braided feeds for tubby

want an hoping for big bhp an torque

just wanted to see what you guys thought?
g

G

Geo3

Well guys who are buildin engine have predicted from flow bench that the engine alone should produce 300bhp. So i was hoping that i would have more than 400bhp?? As for the vavlve springs i belive that the standard ones will be fine to run

P

pulsarboby

yeah standard springs will be ok on those cams.
im running 278 pipers on standard springs and there fine!
but if you go any wilder than that, then you will need uprated springs

EVOBAD

Geo3 said:
Well guys who are buildin engine have predicted from flow bench that the engine alone should produce 300bhp. So i was hoping that i would have more than 400bhp?? As for the vavlve springs i belive that the standard ones will be fine to run
what do u mean by this 300bhp only :roll: do u mean 300bhp at the wheels:-D

G

Geo3

Well the people who are buldin engine seem to think that the engine alone without tubby but with throttle bodies should produce that figure with all those bits. Just what i was told lol flywheel i exspect

G

Geo3

Company called maynards in a place called Woodchester near Stroud

Fazz

Dont forget the Z32 AFM, and you may want to look at uprating the turbo elbow depending what you currently have.

Good luck with it. Another 3071R GTI-R to the list :)

G

Geo3

I believe i can run a map sensor chap which i think i will do. Am i rite in sayin that with e manage you can run anti lag?? An what effect will it have on my spankin new 3071r?

G

Geo3

lol yea i no but the bits i have listed as not got yet im abit un sure of what to get for what i want, which is what i have said big bhp an torque. So any suggestions would be good guys!!?
g

nitrosgti-r

Geo3 said:
Hi guys new to this site, just tellin you my little story an spec or my R will be he he
Well i bought my R about year an a half ago, replaced the gearbox bearings as i got car cheap with them buggered...
So after 6months of driving an loving every minute an people askin what the hell it was i managed to fill the M5 up with white smoke :x . I presumude the turbo, so i removed the turbo an found traces of oil around no.4 cylinder exhaust oulet. So it was going to be either a piston ring or a valve stem oil seaM , either way it had to be ripped apart to have a look see what was wrong. Mean while i sent the turbo off to be looked at, which we found out was un repairable :cry: .......

Sat down an had a long think! spec now follows:

HKS adjustable cam gears
new cam rockers
jun 264 cams
1 new valve as was bent
re seated valves 3 seats
tomei 1.8 head gasket
nissan gasket set
skimmed head (new face)
port an polished head
flowed on nissan specific head flow bench
wisco 87mm pistons
shot peened rods
arp head bolts
arp conrod bolts
excedy clutch assy rated to 480ft
lightened an balanced crank
lightened stock flywheel
new shells
new oil pump
e-manage ultimate
forge breather kit
fmic kit
gt3071r

few bits left to get are:

fuel pump
injectors
fuel pressure regulator
tubular manofold
braided feeds for tubby

want an hoping for big bhp an torque

just wanted to see what you guys thought?
g
yeah i think that spec looks ok but why the 1.8 mm head gasket and not the 1.2 mm?

G

Geo3

Lower compression, which means i can run more boost safely. Only downside is that response below the boost threshhold is reduced abit. Also allows more tollerance for any head or block skimming that may have been done.

MORF114

Bigger brakes
Stronger box/gearset
Better ignition system to cope with high boost
Decent plugs

Did you find out what the culprit was to the engine letting go james bond smoke screan style,
as i have pretty much same dead turbo,no4 exhaust ports coverd in chunky oil on my dead engine and cant be arsed to pull it apart to see !!

G

Geo3

Yea i have hi specs on car, gearbox im going to have to cross fingers for a while, but it has got new bearings in it. As for the ignition system got ot look into that an plugs i can get not a problem.
Yea i had detanated no 4 piston, lost a control ring an fractured around the piston about 2 inches an 1cm deep. So it needed a re build after all