Dipping and knocking - any ideas?

N

NeverEnough

Hi,

I have a new problem with my car when pulling off, changing gear or on/off throttle.

With either of the above the rear of the car dips and makes a bit of a knocking sound as it does.

It's most noticeable on spirited runs when on/off boost in one gear (if that helps).

Does it sound like springs, shocks or bushes? and what should I replace it with?

Thanks.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are the rear brakes seized on? That would make the rear dip when you pull off.

Do you have standard suspension? It could be that the front is lifting, leading to the impression of the rear dipping, or the rear suspension is well worn and needs replacing.

N

NeverEnough

Fast Guy,

The rear brakes are fine and are not seized.

It must be the rear suspension that is worn. I know what you mean about the front but I'm confident it's at the back.

Hit a speed bump today and the front did what you would expect from a standard car but the back felt like I had removed the suspension!

As all is pointing to the back could you recommend a kit?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the Tein super street kit on mine, but there are lots out there.

Are your back springs broke?

N

NeverEnough

Fast Guy,

As far as I can tell they are not. I have booked it in with a local mechanic 2mrw to find the fault and will update once known.

Thanks

N

NeverEnough

Thanks OZ-'R'acing.

I think I'm going to have to put some used shocks on for now until I can afford a proper kit after crimbo.