Disco Potato Spec??

A

a11ova

Further my convo with lee, i have decided on a GT28RS jobbie for the quickier spool up time. However im unsure on what spec to go for in relation to the A.R etc.

Ideally i would like to be able to produce enough boost for approx 340bhp without having too much lag. Also ideally i want it to be ablt to mate to my stainless manifold and a standard run exhaust. Is this possible? Im not very clued up on the turbo front so any help would be much appreciated.

cheers all

a11ova

SickBoy

Dont forget dude your reckoning on runnin 1.3 bar with emanage so i think it may rule out the t28 ??

Lee

A

a11ova

Mr GTiR said:
For that kind of power a good T28 Hybrid with roller bearing's will have mega quick spool up.
what do u suggest fella? what kind of coin will i be looking at?

cheers for the advice mate

M

Matt_S

If you get the 0.64 AR Exh housing GT28RS its good fpr 350bhp, will pretty much bolt straight on and give as good response as youre gonna get for the power you want. You will have to muck about a little with the oil drain as the flange is different IIRC.

A

a11ova

cheers fella. Gonna stick with spud i think. Got my boys lee and daz who im sure can sort the flange for me so hopefully there wont be too much fabrication needed to get her on.

Gonna enquire today about shipping times etc and possibly make an order :D

F

FiXXXeR

I got a disco potato put on mine. 0.64 AR, theses a bit of muckin around to get them to fit up properly... it fouls the block we had to trim a bit off it.. also oil line nosel's hoses had to be expanded, and new oil line was to b made up...

this is it..

A

a11ova

what difference did it make? What kind of power are u making fella @ what boost?

cheers

a11ova

F

FiXXXeR

Its currently still got boost issue's so i cant tell u the difference...

I'm going to set boost at 18-22 psi on the street, and aiming for around 230kw at all 4

I have a mate with one heaps more low end more high end torque over stock turbo