Discs - why are rears more £££ than fronts?

A

Adamantium

I've been looking around for a set of replacement standard rear discs, and apart from being unable to find any for less than £90 for the pair :shock:, I've also noticed that they are always more expensive than their front counterparts!? I always thought front discs were more than rears? :der:

Why is that not the case with the Pulsar?

PS. If anyone could point me in the right direction for a place I can get hold of the standard discs for a decent price - that'd be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

B1Ad3

The only thing i could put it down to is less production, the rear discs are not changed as regularly on cars so the damnd for them is lower.

The fronts are mass made unlike the back.

ALl i can thinkl of

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
B1Ad3 is right - but let me add to that ; the discs on the back of a Pulsar are found on nothing else - and this is down to the 4WD. Rear discs on a GTi are different, but the fronts are the same. HEnce why the fronts are cheaper.

Braveheart

Adamantium said:
I've been looking around for a set of replacement standard rear discs, and apart from being unable to find any for less than £90 for the pair :shock:, I've also noticed that they are always more expensive than their front counterparts!? I always thought front discs were more than rears? :der:

Why is that not the case with the Pulsar?

PS. If anyone could point me in the right direction for a place I can get hold of the standard discs for a decent price - that'd be much appreciated. :thumbsup:
What's wrong with the read discs you have... can you not get them reground.
I had mine reground, grooved for 30 quid.