DL2 quest

R

Rex Hunt

Hello all

Im new to the forum, posting from Australia. I have been a happy R owner for a few years now. i hate to make my first post a question but here it is,

I have embarkerk on a quest that is taking way to long and i hope somone here can help, i am determined to find out the end all answers behind the limited range of GTiR's that were finished in Comemrative Turquoise. paint code DL2.

Im pretty sure i have narrowed down why they were done: to comemorate the emperor of Japans wedding in 1993, even tho i know they were still producing them into mid 1994 (this is the most common answer of many). but have still never confirmed this.

i have certainly never been able to confirm just how many were made and from when to when they were available.
Nor do i know if they were painted to order, i hope not as this could mean finding the exact numbers will be almost impossible.

i have been in touch with NISSAN Japan, but i think my information request was lost in translation because they denied all existance of this range.

Through countless forum searches i have come up with numbers produced ranging from 20 to 1500.

can anyone here please share whatever information they have? any help apreciated.

Thank you,
Tim

marcymarc

Have you spoke to shalom the man behind gtir oz , if anybody can help..he can, but i suppose you probably have as hes from oz to?

ps welcome mate :thumbsup:

R

Rex Hunt

Aye i have exhausted all the OZ forums, the quest continues.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think if Shalom doesn't know, then noone will. The only figure we've heard is 20 of them. I've certainly only seen about 2 or 3 over here to back that up.

marcymarc

Dont want to put a downer on things, but i have to agree with Fast Guy.

I doubt there is anyone in the world that has done more research on the history of the R than Shalom.