Does anyone have a Speed Sensor picture?

M

Mulisha

Hello,
Does anyone have a picture of the location of the speed sensor on top of the transfer box? I cant see it or touch it :( And if anyone is a good mechanic you will know that if you cant see it or touch it you cant fix it!

Mulisha

A

Anonymous

These pics are when i changed my clutch (with engine left in car)

Better pic so you can get a sense of where the speed sender is

A

Anonymous

ok links fixed

Gino

the best way, i guess is to go from passenger side. You'd have to remove all hoses, piping, wiring, brakcets etc and get access to it.

You can also do it from underneath the car, removing exhaust, oil filter and front driver side drive shaft, getting your arm up and over the transfer case, and doing it that way. Its hard as you cannot see what you are doing.

A word of warning, the speed sensor has a rubber O-ring to seal the hole in the transfer case. It it hasn't been removed (which prob hasnt in 10 odd years) this will be very very very tight. Mine was so tight that i had to remove the intake manifold and throttle bodies to get access to it, then a pair of multi-grips, a bit of swearing and force and it came out.

Be careful that it also has a little tab on its side and is also screwed into the transfer case.

Gino

J

Jamz

What is and why have you labelled the "Prick Bolt" in those pictures ?

A

Anonymous

Because some people were asking wheer the prick bolt was. The prick bolt is not a big issue if you pull the gearbox and engine down out of the car, but it is when removing the gearbox with the engine still in the car.

Gino

J

Jamz

Ahh I see. I was refitting the gearbox to my new engine and noticed I didn't have a bolt for this.

Cheers

James

A

Anonymous

Yeah when i refitted my gearbox i left this bolt out aswell as the big Y bracket at the back of the motor

Gino

Montman

How much do these speed sensors cost?
Just got my R and the speedo isnt working. So i was told that it was damaaged.

Whats the part # and price if anyone knows?