does this sound about right?

pete-r

ok ,mods ive currently got;

hks filter,5zigen zorst,decat,hks SS downpipe,bailey dump valve(soon to be turboxs)walbro 255 fuel pump,mines ecu,blitz spec R boost controller(set at standard and 1 bar).

mods coming in a couple of weeks;

stage 2 turbo md188(hudsons old one)
uprated head gasket :?: (unsure which one to buy?)
ap organic clutch
Greddy e-manage fitted with RR setup.

what does everyone think ?im i going in the right direction?which head gasket should i opt for?while the engine is out are there any cheaper mods i can do?(not forged pistons etc..)

helpful comments only please :wink:
pete

A

Anonymous

pete-r said:
what does everyone think ?im i going in the right direction?which head gasket should i opt for?while the engine is out are there any cheaper mods i can do?(not forged pistons etc..)
uprate the oil pump and the best mod ever..................lighten and balance the bottom end :D

1.2-1.4mm :wink: you can go for the 2mm when you get the big turbo,forged pistons and the big boost :twisted:

pete-r

thanks

what sort of oil pump would you advise?i dont think i can go the balanced and lightened bottom end,just yet :wink:

A

Anonymous

pete-r said:
thanks

what sort of oil pump would you advise?i dont think i can go the balanced and lightened bottom end,just yet :wink:
you get uprated gears for the pump,believe their from a skyline or some such mickey mouse car :wink:

if the engine is coming out anyway,sell your wife,children and/or mother to get the money,but get the money :wink: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

pete-r said:
:?:

wouldnt mind knowing whats involved i.e stripping engine etc... :?:
you have to split the engine to get at the crank,rods,pistons and flywheel.
don't know exact prices but,i'd budget on at least £2-300 (pure guess).

if the engine is coming out of the car anyway,all you'll be paying extra for is:-the cost of removing the bits from the engine(couple of hours),the actual balancing/machining costs and a few extra hours to put it all back in :wink:

if you're doing all that,you might as well finish the job with a nice set of forged pistons :twisted: