double pump on brakes

GTIR-LOZ

i have noticed that when i first press the brakes the pedle travels alot to the floor, but if i come off and press again its once again solid and brakes properly, if i leave it for a bit it returns to traveling down on the first press but ok on second, it will be ok for a few presses after, just not when i leave it for a bit

i have the 310mm willwood brakes on her and i assume they are ok, is it poss that its the master cylinder failing

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like you have abit of air in there. If you've disturbed the system recently try bleeding that line again. Failing that bleed them all again.

J

J-GTi-R

This is a common problem with people who have uprated their calipers (I certainly have that problem). I've been told it's because there's a mis-match between the master cylinder size and the calipers, but I'm still not sure if this is a correct theory (I know people have looked into getting uprated master cylinders).

Some people have found that if they bleed their brake to within an inch of their lives it goes away, others find that no amount of bleeding cures it.

Either way, you're not alone with this problem, and it isn't caliper specific.

GTIR-LOZ

it has only just started doing it, i havnt done anything to the brakes recently and they have been good as gold with the 4 pots on her up until now, maybe it is the master cylinder not coping and wearing out quicker, i would have thought that if there was air in there the prob would be there evry brake press??