Double wishbone conversion

B

boots_n_braces

Anyone running a double wishbone conversion? Interested in how you went about it i.e mounted to the subframe/ chassis or wether you went for a part/full space frame conversion?

Cheers,
harry

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
boots_n_braces said:
Anyone running a double wishbone conversion? Interested in how you went about it i.e mounted to the subframe/ chassis or wether you went for a part/full space frame conversion?

Cheers,
harry
I've looked/thought about it and there are no easy mounting points so the only way is to go for a part spaceframe chassis. I've seen this done in the US on a racing sentra. All the front was replaced with a space frame.

Unless you're really serious, the simplest developments in this area are modified lower arms the blokes on the SR20 forum are manufacturing for their B13's/100NX that use the same chassis.

Jim

B

boots_n_braces

Probably be a space frame job then, at least that gives me the option of changing a few mounting points aswell- F*** it might aswell build a mid engined frame:lol:

Gtirbean- converting from macpherson struts to double wishbones, better handling and as your building it from scratch you can design it so you have your perfect geometry at the ride height you want

Is anyone on here running a spaceframed car? ive got to admit my knowledge on thems fairly vague so il be trying to find a reputable company to design it for me

Cheers,
harry

B

boots_n_braces

I can get the materials and construction done at work so it wont be to bad on the wallet, i just need some one to do the cad work for me so the engineers have plans.

With a full space frame can fit a fully detachable body? all clip on fibreglass panels as they dont provide any structural strength?

B

boots_n_braces

LOL you see this is the one problem with spaceframes, if your going to go to the hassle of building your own chassis you might aswell just start from scratch lol

In which case id go for a 2 seater body like an rx7 for better aerodynamics and then a mid mounted RB engine and 4 wheel drive:lol:

Gonna have a chat with a few companys to day and see what they say, I can fumble my own way around cad but i dont want to miss anything and end up with 5k rabbit hutch:lol: