DVLA / Vin Chassis number etc

Nick K

HI All.

Long story short, tried to apply for the V5 from the DVLA and received a letter from them asking all sorts of questions regarding where i got the vehicle from. What reg number was on it, Clear photo of VIN number plate, colour, make/Model etc. If unable to provide number plate photo may need to go for inspection :?

The vehicle came with no V5 or plates on it but had a old tax disc in the window from 2008 which i got the reg number from. ( L reg ) Rolling shell with engine in.

Slighty worried now that something dodgy is going on?!

Is the chassis Vin number on the R a bit strange as i tried to do a chassis check online and its telling me that there is not enough digits in mine ( should be 17 )

This is what i have

EBYNRVFN14*****-H-

I make that 16 not counting the two dashes. Any idea's on this??

Any input would be appreciated, Cheers Nick.

splmum

That is not your VIN number it is the vehicle model number.

The chassis VIN number is RNN14-xxxxxx above the model number and it is also stamped on the firewall on the drivers side of that plate.

These 2 numbers, on the plate and the firewall, MUST correspond.

The last 6 numbers are important at they will be able to tell you WHEN your R was BUILT.

Private message me your chassis VIN and I will see what I can tell you about your R.

Here is an example: RB

gaz

Nick K

Hi, All sorted now, Spoke to the DVLA this morning and i'd given them the model number instead of the chassis number :oops: opps !!

On a lighter note turns out the pulsar is a phase 2 series 2. Came into the UK in Nov 2004 and has been in storage since march 2008 :-D This would explain why there is zero rust on it 8) Gaz ( splmum ) from over the pond ( OZ ) tells me it was built in mid July 1994 and the chassis number would indicate the there was only 402 more built after it ;-)

Thanks to all your help on this guys.

Need to get her finished and on the road now!