E-Bay Scam????

C

Crazy

I received this e-mail earlier today & I am unsure wether its really from E-Bay :?

Dear ************ (######XXXXXXX@?????????????.gsi.gov.uk),

Please read this email carefully as it concerns the security of your eBay account password.'
eBay's highest priority is the security of our members' accounts. In a routine check our safety system has identified that your password is not sufficiently secure and so we have deactivated your current password to protect your account.

You will therefore need to change your password and regain access to your ebay account. You can do this as follows;

1) Open your internet browser and type www.ebay.co.uk to open the eBay.co.uk homepage (Note that this should not be a link in the final version)
2) Select My eBay at the top of the homepage
3) Click on "Forgot your password" underneath the password entry box
4) Follow the instructions to create a new password

We also strongly recommend that you change any other online accounts that use your old eBay password (for example email and Paypal) as soon as you have changed your eBay account password to ensure that they are also secure.

How to choose a safer password;

1) Make sure your password is difficult to guess by not including your name, eBay User ID, telephone number or date of birth
2) Don't use the same password on eBay that you use on your email account, or on other websites
3) Use a combination of letters and numbers
4) Make your password at least 8 characters long

To learn more about protecting your eBay account please visit eBay's Safety Centre - http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre

Please note that as eBay treats your password as highly sensitive information no eBay employee has access to your account password, both the account password deactivation and this email have been automatically generated by our Safety system. For your protection and confidentiality no eBay employee will ever ask you for your password or other sensitive information over the telephone or by email.

Thank you for your co-operation in ensuring that your eBay account is as secure as possible,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay International AG

Please note that all future communications from eBay about your account or requesting personal information will be sent to your email address and also to your My eBay My Messages folder.

If you have any questions about the authenticity of this email please forward it to spoof@ebay.co.uk. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your original query email and then we will send you a 2nd email confirming or denying authenticity.
What do you guys think??? :?:

Just tried logging into E-bay and it will not let me in :roll:

youngsyp

Just tried to find you a number but, doesn't look like they have one :?

At the bottom of the eBay home page, there is a hyperlink for 'Safety Centre'. There's a specific option for this sort of thing there, where, you can report it to eBay. Try giving that a go !

paz

What was the email address it came from?

As long as you do it through ebay, unless its some kind of spyware scam I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem. I've had a scam email from ebay once where the link took me to an extension address instead of an ebay address which was clearly a fraud i.e.

www.example.com/ebay

But if you do it through the main site you shouldn't have a problem.

Paz

B

beastgtir

its a scam - 9 out of 10 times people just click the EBAY website link in the email rather then actually going to ebay site by typing in www.exxx.xom

when u click the link u get taken to a false site which records ur details

ebay would never ask u 2 change ur password..

C

Crazy

paz said:
What was the email address it came from?

As long as you do it through ebay, unless its some kind of spyware scam I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem. I've had a scam email from ebay once where the link took me to an extension address instead of an ebay address which was clearly a fraud i.e.

www.example.com/ebay

But if you do it through the main site you shouldn't have a problem.

Paz
The e-mail address it came from was: ukrswebhelp@ebay.com :?

And I am now unable to log into E-Bay.co.uk :(

Have reported it also :wink:

SickBoy

i had one m8

Im sure its ok

cos its all done through the proper ebay page go to ebay home page and follow the instuctions

Lee

C

Crazy

And now for some mad reason I have to log into every website I go on in my favourites, were as before I was always automatically logged in :?