Ecu

B

Big O

Does anyone have any idea wat ecu or daughterboard this is i have taken a few pics

the two chips plug into the little board then the little board to the mother board hope that makes sense!!! lol

J

justin666

Its a standard ECU with a somekinda after market daughter board. Always hard to tell what map is on the daughter board so just plug it back in and get your can on the rollers to see what its doin. What other mods are on the car?

Ive just got hold of a second hand ECU which luckily for me had a US daughter board in it. Plugged it in to test it and at 1 bar the car was in fact much quicker and far more drivable than it has ever been at 1.2 bar!!!! I got hold of this ECU as a spare because I have just taken delivery of a Gizzmo Daughterboard from NZ with a 1.2 bar map. However, The Gizzmo is now goin in my old ECU and then im gonna go spend a morning on the rollers with both ECU's to see which one works best on my car. Some fine tuning with the SAFC should hopefully see some interesting results :-D :-D

J.

J

justin666

jpward said:
Justy whats the expected power out off each?
To be honest im not sure.:? On my standard ecu with all the usual mods and 1 bar the car made a sniff under 300bhp. With the US daughterboard in it felt ALOT quicker on 1 bar but i dont know what the map is so didnt wind the boost up any. My mate has an R pushin 340bhp and i normally have to work very hard to keep up but with the US board in I was almost on par with it:twisted:

The Gizzmo being mapped at 1.2 with an aggressive timing and fuel map along side the SAFC should hopefully see a good increase in power but we will have to wait and see ;-) ;-) If it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt. Will be interesting to see anyway so watch this space ;-)

J.

S

Stoned

Looks similar to the one str_motorsport sent me, but deffo not the same

You need to reconnect two points on the ECU if you plan on taking it out, or when you turn on the ignition all you will get is the engine fans :)

M

micra_pete

Hi, just so you are aware it is a techtom / technosquare additional board, the tuner may be techtom, but there is also a chance its someone else.

Pete