ELECTRICAL FAULT

P

pulsarman1

car cut out the other day thought it was fuel pump so fitted replacement,car started and drove ok.Had fuel leak from injector rail,fixed and replaced fuel rail car wouldnt start?.Found 15a fuse(auto choke/fuel pump had blown replacedwith new)still wouldnt start,removed pump checked for 12volts ok but when connected to plug couldnt get 12 volts to pump.Connected jump starter just to fuel pump pump was ok.Refitted car started ran for 2 mins then cut out,checked fuses and relays seemed ok.Car started ok again,ticked over for 10mins i drove for 1 mile returned home left ticking over for 2/3mins it cut out again.Started it this morning left ticking over for 15 mins seemed ok not driven it yet though HELP :?

J

jiw

Dodgy fuel pump relay or at the worst a duff ecu, maybe im wrong but they are the most likely, jeff

P

pulsarman1

jiw said:
Dodgy fuel pump relay or at the worst a duff ecu, maybe im wrong but they are the most likely, jeff
not using aircon at the mo should i swap relays?

J

jiw

if they are the same relay i cant see the problem but im not sure if they are, jeff.

P

pulsarman1

jiw said:
if they are the same relay i cant see the problem but im not sure if they are, jeff.
cheers. left it ticking over for 10mins seems to be fine,just contemplating taking it for a short run to garage to put fuel in. :)