electrical problem help

Tk1

i went to start the R and nothing, the alarm/imobiliser are having shit fits clicking away, tried undoing the window and it buzzes works then stops then buzzes , stereo wont work,original boost gauge is half way round when you turn on ignition etc.. now the battery has virtualy drained itself, i tried jumping it from my van with leads, and the dash lights dont get brighter ,,,, the battery seemed to drain itself within an hour or so , has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be or had a similar experiance themselves ..Tk

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you fitted anything electrical before you had this problem?

Sound like a possible bad earth somewhere.

Tk1

i havent fitting anything electrical, just fitted front discs and pads this morning, i havent even had chance to try them,, also battery is fairly new
Tk

Tk1

i have had to disconnect the battery because the imobiliser is going mental clicking under the dash, also i notices that the relays where clicking under the bonnet, car is booked in for some head work on monday but i cant move it, looks like an expensive time coming up (again)

ram5ay

I'd give your battery a good charge and try it again, sounds like it's just totally flat. If it doesn't take a charge try a new battery. Once the motor's running again, if the prob's still there then investigate it further.