Energy Suspension poly shifter bush

antgtir

Just thought id be a pain in the **** and bring this up, as the other thread is locked :roll: can i ask when the fook are we gonna be able to pay and recieve this item:p :lol: :lol:

Ant. (your friendly stirer:lol: )

youngsyp

antgtir said:
Just thought id be a pain in the **** and bring this up, as the other thread is locked :roll: can i ask when the fook are we gonna be able to pay and recieve this item:p :lol: :lol:

Ant. (your friendly stirer:lol: )
Ant,
You're right bud, we haven't heard anything for a while !
The last I heard, Jesse had ordered the 50 bushes. It might be worth PM'ing him to get an update ?!

Paul

antgtir

Would probably help as now i know there is something out there that can further aid to stiffen up the feel of the gear stick, "i want it now" lmao

Will you be PM'ing him ?

Maybe they've had a few prob's making / sourcing the 50 bushes ?

Ant.

youngsyp

Sorry bud, I'm a bit slack.

Jesse has orderd the parts and is waiting for them to be made for/supplied to his supplier.

Unfortunately, it would appear that 50 of these is quite a big order so, they're having to be made/supplied especially.

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
Sorry bud, I'm a bit slack.

Jesse has orderd the parts and is waiting for them to be made for/supplied to his supplier.

Unfortunately, it would appear that 50 of these is quite a big order so, they're having to be made/supplied especially.
They dont look complicated to make?? :?

youngsyp

jpward said:
They dont look complicated to make?? :?
Doesn't matter how complicated they are. If they don't have call for them, they won't make them. It's simple economics ! ;-)

antgtir

We are still gonna get them but just a little later than planned then?

Cheers for the update.

Ant.

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
Doesn't matter how complicated they are. If they don't have call for them, they won't make them. It's simple economics ! ;-)
Ohh i know that too well Paul but I would have thought seeing as they were used on other vehicles also they would keep some and well i dont know the exact process involved in molding them but i would have thought it to be some sort of thermo forming which should be a short production time?

Lets hope they get a move on :lol:

youngsyp

antgtir said:
We are still gonna get them but just a little later than planned then?

Ant.
Unfortunately, I think it is mate. I feel a bit miffed actually but, it's out of my hands so, can't really do anything about it. I'll get Jesse to chase them up.

@JP - They do make these for other cars but, they're an old model so, I can't see the demand for them being very high ?!
However, I'd expect them to be able to knock them out in pretty short order too so, can't understand the delay !

antgtir

youngsyp said:
Unfortunately, I think it is mate. I feel a bit miffed actually but, it's out of my hands so, can't really do anything about it. I'll get Jesse to chase them up.
No prob's mate, like you say out of our hands really, at least to date they are still going ahead, will be worth the wait im sure8)

Ant.

CanadianR

bushes were ordered a while ago, and a shipment came into the shop last week . . . . they were steering rack bushings for a sentra. Part numbers were off by 2 numbers.

I sent a PM to Paul (youngysp) to see what he thought of the bushes being couriered to the shop, at an extra cost of about $1 per bush (or .48 GBP) and am waiting to hear what he says.

I was not really impressed with the supplier here in saskatoon, that's for sure.

As for the shipping options to the shop, shipping is paid for already for standard rate, couriering them would be quicker obviously.

Opinions? I'm to call him tomorrow to confirm.

youngsyp

I've just asked Jesse to go ahead with the courier. This will speed things along and hopefully, won't impact on final cost noticably !

antgtir

For an extra 50p or £1 doesn't bother me lol although it does stretch the bank account ;-) :lol:

What do the bushes look like then, will they fit?

Ant.

youngsyp

antgtir said:
What do the bushes look like then, will they fit?

Ant.
If you're referring to Jesse's post, about the power sterring rack bushes..... then no, they won't fit. The supplier ordered the wrong part so, the correct part has been ordered now. We're getting the right part couriered to Jesse, to save the 2 week normal wait !

antgtir

youngsyp said:
If you're referring to Jesse's post, about the power sterring rack bushes..... then no, they won't fit. The supplier ordered the wrong part so, the correct part has been ordered now. We're getting the right part couriered to Jesse, to save the 2 week normal wait !
Sorry mate didnt read that one right, though the wrongly ordered bushes were for the gear linkage but just the wrong size etc. First full day back today so playing a little catch up lol. well thats my excuse:lol:

Ant.