Engine out help!

keastygtir

Hi

I am taking the engine and box out of the car and a bit stuck with the wiring etc under the inlet mainfold as I cant get at any of it. Do you guys leave it in a disconnect from elsewhere?

Thanks

Kevin

Dangerous Dave

Now mate,

they can be an arse to get off undo all the mounts so the engine is ready to drop (this way you will have movement in the engine) then pull the engine towards you, you will now have enough room to fit your fat arms behind the engine.

jay1

doesnt it all disconnect from the fuse box on the drivers side and all the wiring around the engine stays with it? its been a while since ive removed one but im pretty sure thats where it all unplugs from mate

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
A lot of the loom comes off with the engine, but I can't remember exactly where it disconnects. - Even with small arms a lot of those connectors under the inlet manifold are quite stiff and take some effort to disconnect.

Dangerous Dave

You can do it jays way just be careful that you don't snag any of it.

1 big tip is take the sensor out of the turbo elbow as you will more than likely catch it as you are taking the engine out.

jay1

no prob buddy, im pretty sure it is just the fuse box plugs that you will have to disconnect, then when its on the floor you will have loads of room to get round the back of it lol just drop it out slowly just incase there is any other wires that have to be undone but im pretty sure there isnt fella. where abouts you located mate?? if your close i know an exceptional engine builder, he is a proper old school bloke in his 70s, but he knows his stuff, he forged my s3 and bored it to a 2litre, lightened balanced crank, block decked, race bearings blah blah blah, done an old pulsar engine for me too but not to that extent lol
wasnt cheap but he is the bees knees