Everything!!!!

Big Sve

Right where to begin, came back from a meet tonight with all my mates and got had by an teg type r, gto and vr6 corrado to name a few!!

1. Had my foot nailed to floor didn't wanna know! serious flat spots
2. Felt like fuel just wasn't getting through, kept just coughing and banging with no go
3. started handling like a f*****g boat
4. getting either very low boost if any and the most ridiculous lag ever!
5. Severe dents when i got home and kicked the living shite out of it and then started beating it down with a tree branch ala basil faulty!!

Answers on a postcard please to MY R IS FOOKED...... :sad:

F

Fusion Ed

Could be so many things! do ecu fault codes and check EVERYWHERE for split pipes on boost/vacume etc

Dooie Pop Pop

Big Sve said:
5. Severe dents when i got home and kicked the living shite out of it and then started beating it down with a tree branch Ala basil faulty!!
:Der: i think you need to lay off the coffee:-D

when was the last time you changed your plugs and leads? fuel filter?

as for the handling...did you start throwing it around in a huff and bash something that upset the cars suspension or geometry?

stu

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If the fault code check gives no code bar 55, then give us more details ie what rpm it's doing it at, what boost/turbo etc you're running, when you last changed the bits Dooie mentioned.

Probably something simple like an air leak, (but it could also be a pain to find) so do as Ed said. Check the boost hose to the wastegate actuator especially.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Funny enough, this happened to me yesterday on the way to Santa Pod, no boost at all untill I reached about 5k and even then it only went up to about .5 bar, flat as a bloody pancake...............

could I find the problem whilst I was there :evil: ................. could I buggery

Found it this morning though, a vacuum pipe had come off the back of the boost controller :doh: :x :-D

All seems to be ok now :-D

Last edited:

Big Sve

gotta try and book it in some where but round here (north wales) they just sharpen their pitch forks and play the banjo. :doh: bout two people on the forum will get that lol!!

need to get it in some where in north west of englandshire to do full diagnostics and remap soon anyway (apparantly i've been told) to get an idea of any fault codes. Its running at 1bar at moment with just uprated fuel pump and front mount and full system exhaust. Fitting a walbro this weekend and hopefully getting it set up somewhere. Got a mate of mine going to have a look at it at the mascrat tonight to see if we can get to the bottom of no boost but i reckon its maybe because some cowboy i bought it off fitted an apexi avcr and air flow controller and hasn't set it up (still on factory settings :mad:) hopefully all will be revealed soon.... now wheres my goddamn coffee!! :der:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

dude if you dont mind the travel im in newport wouth wales and can have a look at it

houghy_1

Id say your best bet is if no-one can help you tonight then a trip to Hi-teq(Wigan)will defo sort it out;-)

Matt

Big Sve

heard some scare stories about hi-teq and dc sports to be honest, not sure what to believe anymore! :?

Don't mind distance, will have a fair bit of wedge to throw at her in the hopefully not too distant future! :thumbsup:

MORF114

sharpen pitch forks and play banjo??? there is fock all tuning shops in north wales go Halfords!!!!! try all intercooling piping i had same prob by blowing a hose clamp and was blowing through one of the hoses only slightly and had no boost obviously !!

O

Odin

The only problem with hitec is one of time scales, But you will not find anybody that knows more about gtir's in the country.....

Ian is a very helpful guy and has forgotten more than most of know.......

Rob

A

abmunro

I have to agree with Thunderpants. Hiteq are always busy. A good sign.

They are not cheap but if you want someone who has probably been tuning GTiR's the longest then Ian's your man.

I took mine in 2000 and but have taken it to other places that were closer to me since. ( remaining nameless) but the I have learned my lesson. I took mine to Hiteq to have Power fc,550 inj,z32 maf fitted etc last time and came away very happy.

Big Sve

looks like thats where i be a heading cheers lads! did take it up to RSE motorsport in llan junction but wasn't too happy with some of the feedback i had about that place. will try and get my car booked in and let you all know how i get on :thumbsup:

R

Russ264

I took mine to RSE too for a clutch and it come back with all the bolts loose, juddering and now the gearbox is dead!!!!!

Big Sve

didnt find them at all helpful, all they wanted to do is take my car off me (without me in it) and wouldn't tell me how much labour it would take. could be an hour or 7 i think his words were!

Don't suppose you bought your R from a guy called John Williams?

R

Russ264

i think that might of been his name he was from mochdre. it's been a bit of a lemon it's been off the road more time than its been on!