excess tyre squeal

chopper

I have a concern with my R. hoping for some guidence please.
Going round roundabouts and corners at sensible speeds is causing excess tyre squeal, in my eyes. i have driven round them at high speeds in my work van with no issues, so wondering why my R is making so much noise? I am not losing any grip just the fact it draws more unwanted attention to me.

Any ideas on how to fix this?? didn't know if it was the tyres but had the wheels/tyres on my old car which didnt make and noise.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Odd compound tyres? Mine don't squeal.
Are the difs in a good state; do you have a front LSD? - Your description reads like the complaint new 4x4 owners give before they realise you need to turn the dif locks off when you're driving on the road.

John

When I first got my Pulsar the tyres used to squeel really badly under any sort of spirited cornering. Turned out the previous owner who had just changed the alloys from 15's to 17's hadnt had the alignment or camber sorted out so the tyres were sitting at stupidly high camber angle wearing a brand new set of front tyres out (well the inside edges down to canvas) within less than 1,000 miles.

I would go suggest getting that checked out unless of course its on a real cheap set of tyres!