exhaust inquarie!

A

Angus.mac

exhaust inquiry

Hi there, my car has a full stainless steel exhaust its not straight through it has been done the standard way. Can anyone let me know why this is?
Will it be better for me to get a straight through one? or just to leave it the way it is for back pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

with a turbo'd car you require very little back pressure unlike a normally aspirated car so thats why a lot of people have straight through exhaust.
but if your happy with performance as it is then theres no reason to change it!

reason its not straight through from standard is to meet current emissions and noise levels

A

Angus.mac

thanks buddy

whats best for the most performance? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Angus.mac

hi there

my car has been in the garage for the last 3 weeks, i took it out last night for a wee run. i was racing my friend and he said there was black smoke coming from my exhaust! i havent used optimax for a while. can you let me know what this problem may be?
thanks

gtirx2

Black smoke is normally fuel smoke if you just fitted your sard fpr you may want to check you have set it up right.

huu-raa

wasnt smoking all the time only thru high boost and there was no smoke at gear change possible just because your car was lying in garage weeks but i think you maybe over fueling

thats why i said you should get it check ed on the dyno just to make sure all is well