exhaust size????????????

A

alfyboy

ive done a search and didnt really find a conclusive answer, just wondering if its worth fitting a full 3" system to my R.
Ive got a standard d/pipe with a 2.5" goose including decat.
just wondering if it would make that much difference, would it cause the turbo to spoll up much later in the rev range if so how much by, i want to keep a good level of drivability as i drive the car everyday.
any feed back would be much appreciated :D :D :D :D

Dooie Pop Pop

there' s plenty of threads on this in the last few pages mate :wink:
put it like this..when i fitted just a 3inch down pipe to a goose decat ect i had to turn down the gain and ratio a bit on my boost controller because it spiked to 1.1bar (running 1bar :wink: )
when i fitted the rest of the system i had to lower em both again cos the first time i opened it up it hit 1.13bar :shock:
imo it spools up quicker and gives you more torque than the 2.5 inch mongoose.
if you have a standard downpipe then fitting a true 3inch system will feel like your running on 6 cylinders :wink:
you dont say what kind of setup your running (fuel pump) but if you were running standard boost with no extra form of control you would still notice a boost level increase so keep an eye on it :wink:
you could try a goose downpipe and see how you get on.
you can pick one up 2nd hand quite cheap.

and you neighbours will hate you too btw :lol:

hope that helps, stu

A

alfyboy

dont fancy a goose down pipe , heard bad things about there reliability and build quality around the flex joint.
thanks for the reply mate :D